This year has gone so quickly and the blog has come so far from what it was this time last year. I have a more established me and b brand and I’ve stopped worrying about having a niche. I’ve worked with some incredible brands from The Works to Home Bargains, and I’ve had fun chatting to other parents and bloggers across various social media platforms. It’s been a whirlwind year and I wish I’d found blogging about ten years ago. I’ve learnt so much too, from building a website to search engine optimisation and social media engagement.
With all this in mind I thought I’d set myself some BLOGGING GOALS for 2017. There’s lots I want to achieve in the New Year but I know I need to be realistic. I work pretty much full time and I’m with B on a Friday. Long gone are the two hour naps in the afternoon. I do get some blogging time at the weekend but it depends what we are up to really.
So here goes. A list of goals for 2017:
1. I want to continue to grow all my social media accounts. My main focus for 2017 is Pinterest and Instagram. I feel I’ve put a lot of effort into Twitter and I really enjoy this platform. I’m not as keen on Facebook because it seems a never ending uphill struggle for bloggers. I’ve changed my strategy slightly on Facebook and I simply share more day to day life musings on the me and b page. If you want to help me achieve goal one, feel free to follow me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for more me and b fun.
2. In 2017 I’d love to make some more video content. I’ve done a few reviews but haven’t done any proper “vlogs”. I just wonder why the world would want to hear from me. My day to day life is really not very exciting. We have a Me and B YouTube channel so watch this space in 2017…
3. I’d love to work with more great companies and brands in 2017. I’ve had the pleasure of working with some companies that I truly love and my aim is to do so more. I want to keep the blog focused on what is important to me and that’s why any product reviews or sponsored posts are carefully selected.
4. In 2017 I really want to write more “locally”. I already do this quite a lot already but I want to work on trying to expand my blog in my hometown. I have some ideas on how to do this – I just need more time to put them into practice!
5. I plan to worry less about having a specific niche. As long as I’m doing what makes me happy then I feel I’m keeping the blog true to me.
6. One thing I want to do in 2017 is stop comparing myself to other bloggers and blogs! Yes there are loads of blogs out there that are bigger and better and that’s ok. Again, this links back to the “keeping it real” theme and focusing on why I started this in the first place.
7. I’d love to try and attend a blogging conference in 2017. I’ve read lots of great things and fancy trying one out. I am semi-anxious that I’ll go along and will feel massively out of my depth. But surely that’s no different to some of the conferences I go to for work?!
So there you have it, my blog goals for 2017! Be sure to share your 2017 goals with me in the comments below – blogging related or not!