*Note this post contains some affiliate links.
My Top 5 Baby Items I Couldn’t Live Without!
A few months ago I wrote down the top 5 things I wouldn’t use again if we were to go back in time and have our bubba again. Well today I share the top five things I would definitely use again if we had another! What would be on your list of things to use again? Did you have any firm favourites or essentials?! When I think about it, there were so many good purchases and then there were so many bad…or at least things I just didn’t get on with or didn’t understand all the hype around.
So here we go, my 5 favourite baby items!
A good Thermometer!
1. Braun Digital Thermometer. We found this thermometer a complete lifesaver if we thought the little dude had a high temp. You pop it in the ear, press the button and boom! Insta-parent paranoia. No really, we found it great and it helped when b was ill. I did become a bit obsessed with taking my own temperature for a while though. Maternity days and sleep deprivation = mind numbing boredom. This digital thermometer isn’t the cheapest option on the market and I think it set us back around £30 or so three years ago. It’s survived a leaking bottle of Piriton and it’s survived many toddler button jamming.
Photo credit – Wisebread.com
Grobags – Enough Said!
2. Grobag Sleeping Bags. I don’t like the thermometer egg and I don’t like the gro-clock but the sleeping bags are bloody brilliant! They provide peace of mind when your bubba is little and they are great as they get a bit older. B fidgeted loads in his sleep as a baby so he was always snuggly and warm in his gro-bag. You can pick them up on eBay but to be honest they hold their value and I found sometimes I was better off buying new.
3. Vests and sleep suits. Goodness knows why retailers sell any baby clothes other than vests and sleep suits until at least nine months! They are comfy, easy(ish) to get on and are quick to wash and dry – zero ironing. I say “easyish” to get on because we did get popper rage at night if there’d been a pooplosion :/ But ultimately, if I did the baby stuff again, I think I’d dress b in sleep suits and vests for as long as I could get away with haha!!
4. Ewan the dream sheep®. As with anything, I hear mixed reviews about Ewan. Some parents love him, some hate him. I was in the love camp. This little sheep was fab. You press his feet to activate different sounds. Some sort of womb sound, some white noise and then a harp musical piece – which always reminds me of being at a wedding.
Anyways, this little sheep has been with b since he was 5 weeks or so. The white noise used to soothe him and help him sleep right up until two or so. He isn’t so fussed now at three but for a good couple of years, we couldn’t sleep anywhere without Ewan 🙂
Photo credit – Sweetdreamers.co.uk
5. Medela Swing Electric Breast Pump. The Daddy of breast pumps in my opinion 🙂 It was easy and quick to use and simple to clean. What more could you need from a breast pump?
Photo credit – Medela.co.uk
So there you have it, the five things I’d use again. Share with me your essentials in the comments!