This week I was nominated to take part in the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers tag by the lovely Claire over at The Pramshed. I’ve been a bit pants at keeping up with these type of challenges and in the past I’ve forgotten to do them – oops! So this time I decided to dedicate time to actually sit and answer Claire’s ten questions! Once answered, I then nominate 5 other bloggers to answer ten questions that I choose! It’s a fab way to find out a bit more about everyone! So here goes with my answers…
1. What is your favourite food and why?
I really like pizza. It is quick, it is easy and it is super versatile. If you want to make it healthy you can – loads of veggies, loads of fresh cheese and tomato and a thin base. If love the endless opportunities that having pizza offers 🙂
2. If there was one place in the world you would visit, where would that be?
Hmm this is tough for me because there are so many amazing places! I’d love to visit Africa and go on a safari. Equally, I’d love to head to Vietnam or Thailand and explore Asia a bit more.
3. What do you do in your spare time, other than blogging or working?
I work full time and I blog most evenings at the moment. When the little dude is in bed and I’m all blogged out, I will watch some TV with the hubby. We love boxsets and are working our way through Greys Anatomy. Pre-blogging days, I used to read a lot and crochet.
4. When you were little what did you want to be?
I wanted to be a vet or a teacher. I’m not patient or clever enough for either!
5. What’s the best book you’ve ever read?
I really liked the Poisonwood Bible. It is about a missionary family in the 1950s who move from the US to the Congo. I loved the way it told the story from different members of the family – it had me captivated.
6. What’s your most embarrassing childhood memory?
Erm – I was about 9 or so and we were in the paddling pool, I got out, got dry, popped my knickers on and was stung on the whatnot by a wasp. Fun times. I really envy my mum having to get the sting out !
7. What is your favourite song and why?
Way too many good songs for just one. I used to be really into metal and gothic music so I’d say one of my fave songs is called Fragile Dreams by a band called Anathema.
8. If you could rule the world, what would you do on day 1?
Demand that people just be kind, be nice and be patient with each other. There is just so much hate in the world and it feels like it even more now than ever. Why can’t we just be happy and live together?
9. What sort of day have you had today?
Meh, a bit of a nothing day really. I feel tired. I didn’t sleep well as it was muggy all night and the boy was up for a wee at 1am and I was then awake again :/
10. Lastly, what do you want to achieve from blogging?
I’ve already achieved what I set out to do really – and that was to find something that meant something to me and something that made me happy. I should have started writing a very long time ago. I finally feel like I’ve found my “thing” and I love it!
And my ten questions for you are:
1. Did you always want kids?
2. What is your go-to dish to cook if you have guests round?
3. If you could change anything about your life, what would it be?
4. Are you a cat or dog person?
5. Name a book that influenced you.
6. What do you find most challenging when it comes to blogging?
7. Which three people would you most like to have a meal with (celebs/non celebs alive/dead fictional)
8. Where do you plan to go on holiday next?
9. If you had £100k, what would you do with it?
10. What scares you?
Once you’ve answered the questions, be sure to tag me on twitter so I can view your answers and share your post 🙂