How to Make a Train Out of a Wrap!
Bonkers I know but this train wrap lunch is super quick and super easy to put together. My son is absolutely train mad at the moment, so anything arranged as a train get’s eaten. Have a picky toddler or fussy child? Want to make your own train lunch? Here is how we did it, and I promise, it did not take long at all! Unlike this Harold Helicopter!
Step 1 – Get Spreading!
- Spread a wrap with something like hummus, guacamole or cream cheese – something you can easily “wrap” without the contents spilling out. You’ll have more train wreck otherwise 😉
Step 2 – Roll With It!
- Roll your wrap and chop it into 3 or 4 pieces to make the train carriages. I kept a small piece from one end to make the driver cab and chimney.
Step 3 – Get Creative!
- For wheels, you could use anything such as carrot, cucumber, cherry tomatoes.
- We used pepper to make some “tracks” for our train to sit on. Celery or carrot sticks would also work just fine.
- I used a square cutter to make some “cheese” windows. We always have extra mature cheddar in the fridge and it does not like any sort of cookie cutter :/ They always split a little bit. Not the end of the world though, this isn’t master chef.
Step 4 – Fill The Carriages!
- I filled our carriages with various other fruits and veggies. Come to think of it, it’s stupid of me to fill them since they are carriages, with, I assume, people in them… :/ Oh well.
Step 5 – Add a Treat!
- I used a handful of mini marshmallows to make “steam” – B LOVED this, of course!
- For the sun, I used a cookie cutter. you could use lots of things to make a sun though – a slice of carrot, a circle of sweet corn, a mini rice cake. The only limit is your imagination 😉
Like this? Why not share the fun food love and “Pin” it 🙂