I started blogging last September when some mum friends told me I should share some of the fun food creations I’d put together. I’d been procrastinating about starting a blog for ages. The thing holding me back, finding a name for the blog! And so Me and B was born. Keep it simple I say. I didn’t really “get going” until way after Christmas. And what a time to miss really when it comes to fun food ey! Life just got in the way I guess. Work, B, Christmas, family and friends. I just wasn’t overly organized.
In all honesty, I wish I’d found blogging much sooner. I always kept a diary when I was younger and I love writing. I just kind of stopped writing once I moved in with my husband. Blogging would have suited me years ago. So why start now, regardless of peer pressure? Well there are a few reasons:
- I love to write. Blogging is a perfect way for me to journal my experiences of being a working mum. I love writing down and documenting our shits and giggles.
- I love to be creative. Blogging allows me to be as creative as I want to be, without putting too much pressure on myself. I particularly like creating visuals out of text and plan to do this more. I also love doodling and drawing and would like to bring that into the mix too.
- I want to cook well. I’m not an awful cook. I’m a lazy cook. And since having B and weaning him, I can’t be lazy anymore. I started having fun with food as a way to entertain b and a way to entertain me!
- I want to eat well. One of the aims of my blog is to make healthy food fun. I can’t say I have the healthiest diet and the blog is one way for me to make more of an effort for myself. Sitting down and having some breakfast with B on a morning, and ensuring we have a good meal on an evening.
And one of the main reasons I blog and continue to try and make fun food?
- I love seeing B’s face light up when I present him with some sort of new fruit and veg creation. I don’t even have to go to a lot of effort. pop a few “legs” and “eyes” on it and tadah, you have a banana centipede/bug/snake/monster: