I’ve been on a mission this year to try and waste less food. In the past I’ve been guilty of throwing stuff out because I was too bone idle to do something with it. With this blog, things have changed! So last weekend I took a quick “food audit” and found a few things that were pretty much ready to be binned. The old “Emma” would have binned them. The new “Emma” decided to make some muffins. I improvised, using a muffin recipe I found on Netmums as a start.
For these Chia, Banana and Yogurt muffins, you need the following ingredients:
- 1-2 ripe bananas (I used 1)
- 150 grams of self raising flour/150 grams plain flour plus 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 150 grams butter
- 150 grams brown sugar
- 2 eggs (I only used two as I used yogurt instead to moisten the mixture)
- 3 tablespoons of any yogurt (now this is where I improvised a bit. I had two yogurts that were use by the day so I chucked them in. I think one was strawberry, one was apricot. They were the kid sized pots.)
- 2 teaspoons of Chia seeds
I whizzed it all up in a mixer and separated between 6 muffin cases. I baked for around 15-20 minutes at 180c.
We also made a few more using white chocolate and strawberries. These also tasted good. So exactly the same recipe above, substituting banana and yogurt for strawberries and white chocolate.
For a first time impromptu muffin bake, I was pretty pleased 🙂
If you want to give these muffins ago, be sure to pin the recipe for later!