There are literally loads of amazing Halloween food ideas to be found on the world wide web. I find though that some have a tendency to overuse those hot dog sausages you get in a tin. The ones where you know no part of the animal was spared… My other problem with themed food is it’s quite often junky type food or it looks complicated and time/effort intensive! And there are also so many recipes and ideas out there which include pumpkin. And, correct me if I am wrong, but I don’t know many people who do much with pumpkin in the UK other than scoop it out, carve a face and pop a tea light in it.
So I had a think about things we eat most days in our house and how we could “spooky” them up a bit…I’ve also used some accessories I found on ebay and bits I found in the pound shops. I know I know, I toot on about the pound shops but there really are some great finds in there for this type of stuff!
So back to EASY HALLOWEEN FOOD IDEAS that you can use every day – not just after hours of faffing!
- Think about colour – orange, green, purple, black.
- Think about shape – triangles and stars work well!
- Be creative. Guacamole snot anyone? Zombie blood tomato sauce? Fried red onion worms with your jacket potato tonight?
- It’s all about the presentation. Just grab some cute bowls or different types of containers and pop your blood and snot in these. Check out these fun jellies for a really quick and easy party pudding.
- Eyes. Add eyes wherever you can! For my eye tips, check out this post here for seven ways to add eyes to food! Raisins and blueberries always work well. Or try and edible food pen!
6. Cookie cutters. I picked up some very cute ones in Tesco this week. Note, they do not work on toast :/
7. Accessories – add cute shapes and toys to make food exciting for your little ones – tah dah – insta-spook. I picked the pumpkin food picks up in Asda. They are pretty good as the ends are blunt – unlike cocktail sticks.
These cute spiders came in a cupcake case pack from one of the discount stores, and I picked up the little Bento eyes on eBay.
What do you have planned for Halloween this year? Are you having a party or just having a quiet one? Don’t forget to pin the pics for later 🙂 And follow me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for more fun food photos and ideas for this Halloween 🙂